Saturday, June 30, 2012

How do you store your card stock?

I continually get frustrated with storing cardstock in a small space. What do you do with be scraps? How should you organize it? Well, I finally think I've come to a solution that fits for me great! I've had these cardstock holders from SU for awhile now and love them! But I would get so annoyed when I would put the scraps in them and they would end up mixing in with all of the different colors after I'd pull out and put I'm cardstock.  I don't love the LOOK of this, but the functionality is GREAT! I put one color in a gallon zip lock baggie. Then I put any scraps with it in the front.  On the outside, I write the name of the cardstock. It has been working out so good for me! I love it! That way, when I just need a little scrap of one color, I know that I can pull out the whole zip lock baggie and a piece will be waiting for me in the front :)



2 comments:

  1. I do this too and it seems to work great for me. The only issue I have is when is a piece of card stock too small to keep? I have a hard time throwing even the tiniest piece away because you never know it might work with a bunch or something else on a future card. How do you handle this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, mine are in file drawers I got from Michael's but my scraps are OUT OF CONTROL. Maybe I should start putting my scraps in baggies in the file folders . . .

    I have a hard time with tiny scraps too. I finally decided if they are too small to fit any of my punches, they are too small to save!!

    ReplyDelete